Sauer 100 xt vs tikka t3

Invite your friends to the conversation. Become a sponsor - Advertise here. All rights reserved.

Sauer 100 vs tikka t3

Shooting Australia. My two other choices are tikka ctr and sauer I plan to put a x33 scop on. Anyone have a preference for either? I wouldve preferred the tikka ss in but anyhow Cheers Steve.

Have a mate that has a sauer shoots well however he has had some feeding issues. Last thing anyone wants to find out on a hunting trip.

Sako Varmint Marlin v Lithgow La Even though you may not be hiking all day, the CTR weighs a fair bit more and the mags are crazy exxy.

Sauer 100 vs tikka t3

The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything My Howa scoped mini action is 8ish and my bedded Howa scoped is 10lbs! In reality I shot my last deer at 60!

I wont take a shot over metres - that's my ethical limit plus I'm not a great shot. It was 30m when I used to bowhunt. Both hit in the shoulder broadside, within mins of each other with the second slight quartering away moving at walking pace, the bullet passed through the other side and left a fair exit wound smashing through bone on the way in and out, was quite a mess actually with a bit of meat wasted.

What do you prefer on deer? I run a Lithgow LA Does unity tile palette know the procedure for buying interstate? Are dealers happy to do that?

There's a dealer here I like who has a store for fee service. Says rifle has done only 20 rounds only at the range! Is this the firearm equivalent of "only driven tio church on Sundays"? What would be the best course of action to check it out prior to sale?

Yes you pay the seller who ships it to your dealer then you pay him the transferring costs. I use the Sierra grn Gamekings and the grn Prohunters in the they both do a very good job. I also shoot a range of lighter bullets if I am targeting say a fox. Very happy with it, shoots well, nice trigger, nice action, finished well for a budget rifle. The feeding issues mentioned may be this. I have found with mine that if you go to chamber a round slowly, like to be quiet when stalking and up closethe cartridge may bind a little.

If you just work it back and forth a little, like a cm or so it seems to feed and lock up.This article will compare and contrast the Weatherby Vanguard synthetic, and the Tikka T3 Lite synthetic.

I chose to compare and contrast these two rifles because both are fine hunting rifles, they have a similar market price, an out of the box accuracy guarantee, similar cartridge options, and are entry level offerings from two respected firearms companies. I hope the title is not misleading, as I believe both rifles have many desirable qualities that represent both ruggedness and refinement. These terms do, however, express in a general sense my overall impression of these two rifles.

Bear in mind that the Vanguard was designed to be a standard weight rifle and the T3 was designed to be a lightweight rifle. The following table provides a basis for the overall comparison. Adjustable lbs. Trigger Guard Combination steel and lightweight alloy Polymer Safety Two position-locks bolt Two position-locks bolt Weight unloaded 7. In addition to the above items, there are a few issues that should be addressed.

Out of the box, the trigger mechanism on the Weatherby Vanguard did not meet my satisfaction, but thanks to Weatherby it was an easy fix.

When I received my rifle, the lowest I could adjust it was 4. I called Weatherby and they instructed me to send it to one of their certified service centers. I chose a local service center and they told me many of the springs in the Vanguard rifles were too heavy, and they had seen a fair share of triggers that would not go below 4 lbs. They claimed this was because the vendor for the springs used on the Vanguard line had supplied Weatherby with a batch of heavy springs, and that Weatherby did not catch the problem before assembling the rifles.

The service was excellent and I had my rifle back in a week. The trigger on the Tikka was crisp and a clean 3 pounds out of the box.

It is as easy to adjust as the Vanguard, and the adjustments seem more precise. Please note that Weatherby stands behind all repair work done at their authorized service centers, and I couldn't be more pleased with the privately owned shop that repaired mine. I believe Weatherby has a great concept in letting you choose from a list of authorized service centers.

NRA Gun of the Week: Sauer USA 100 Classic XT Rifle

The bolt on the Tikka is extremely smooth and the 75 degree lift is easier to cycle than the 90 degree on the Weatherby. However, the Vanguard has a heavy duty one-piece forged bolt, while the Tikka is stainless steel and not one-piece, but it is machined very precisely.Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse.

Read More. Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action.

The total package.

tikka ctr vs sauer 100xt

Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero.

Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. Forums New posts Search forums. Articles New articles New comments Series Search articles. Everywhere Threads This forum This thread. Search titles only. Log in Register. What's new.

Log in. JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Thread starter imr Start date Sep 28, Joined Sep 28, Messages Hi, I am going to buy a new rifle not custom for target shooting. Is only for fun, I don't have too many pretensions, but I would like to buy the best option with my budget.

That would help me to choose one of them because I have heard good opinions, but I have only shot two of them. Joined Feb 9, Messages I've had a Tikka CTR in 6. Both are excellent rifles.

I prefer the stock and magazine compatability of the Bergara, but prefer the action of the Tikka.If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.

You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. Forum Rules. Search Forums. Advanced Search. User Tag List.

sauer 100 xt vs tikka t3

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last Jump to page: Results 1 to 15 of Add Thread to del. Share Share this post on Digg Del. Register to remove these Ads! If you have access to a good gunsmith, then buying something off the shelf to meet your requirements is less of an issue.

Better check if the Sig barrel is a press or screw job first. Sauer is screw in, is not. Philipo is currently doing a review on the for a magazine, im sure he wpuld love to share his unbiased opinion. Both are good guns, you won't make a bad decision. Sauer imho Got both.

Like the Sauer a lot more personally. I owned one that I bought brand new and to begin with I thought it was a nice rifle and I actually preferred it to any Tikka I had owned. But then once I had it a while I began to notice things that were not so flash about it The number one issue is the bolt stop setup and the fact that if you pull the bolt back with some upwards pressure on the bolt knob you can often get the bolt stop to let go and the bolt will rotate right around and get jammed in the action facing the opposite way than it should.

All of them do this, I tried a few in a shop to see if it was just a problem with mine but its not. The bolt stop itself is also very flimsy and wriggles around all sloppy and looks about half the size it should be to match the hole in the action for it.

This in my mind is a MAJOR flaw as if it happens to you when youre about to put a second shot into a wounded animal, you and the poor animal are shit out of luck and you will end up dicking around with it for ages trying to get it back to where it should be. I have a photo of this situation whoch I will share if the owner gives me permission as it was not my rifle but yet another that had done it and caused considerable stress to rectify.

Another thing that was really irritating about the rifle was the way it was pillared and bedded, the front action screw is actually pulled down tight with a nut behind the floor plate, this is a pain in the ass as you need a complete mechanics tool set with all the fruit just to take it out of the stock. This brings me to the third thing I really did not like about the Sauer, the rear action screw is "pillar bedded" but instead of an aluminium pillar bedded into the stock Sauer have just banged a heap of washers in there so you take it out of the stock and end up with a pocketfull of washers all rolling around the floor, under the fridge etc never to be seen again.

This is really sloppy workmanship and not what I would expect from a rifle with a European pedigree. Shot Alright though. There are "Sauers" and then there are Sauers.

A Sauer, or an older model made under the Colt name are what the Sauer name is built on, and all fetch high prices and are very well made. So as I was only interested in the wood model and it apparently couldn't be fixed and there were no more I no longer have a Sauer I know it's only one rifle, but Ryan's makes two and my neighbour across the road makes three, I believe there was one about in the Nrth Island that wasn't exactly pleasing as well.Remember Me?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last Jump to page: Results 1 to 10 of Thread: Will the Sauer the new benchmark in budget bolt rifle class??? Thread Tools Show Printable Version.

sauer 100 xt vs tikka t3

Will the Sauer the new benchmark in budget bolt rifle class??? I've been in the market for a new affordable hunting rifle for the last month or so and wish to share my findings.

Think I have spotted a new gem and the benchmark for the budget bolt rifle class. Before I start, I wish to let you know that I am a strong believer that most rifles using suitable calibers will do the job and that its always the Hunter and the knowledge of his weapon that is most important when hunting.

Brand and caliber is always a personal choice. As per above, there are many brands and models that would work very well under the R20k budget, i based my decision on selecting a budget rifle on the following Criteria in the following order: 1. Good Barrel 2. Single Action Adjustable Trigger 4. Good Looks might sound stupid, but i like a rifle that looks the part With all the options out their, i struggled to find the above that meets my desire on a rifle below R20k. Previously i had a Tikka T3 in and sold it, in order to purchase new optics on a different more expensive rifle.

T he only real issue i had with it, is the bolt. It struggled to grip bullets or jammed bullets when i tried to enter it in a rush. Other hunting buddies had simmular issue. To loose and ugly for my liking own opinion. I have however stumbled upon a rifle that suited all my needs. The New Sauer Its new on our market. I prefer the Sauer Classic in Beechwood as i am not a big fan of Synthetic stocks. Reasons for my decision is the following: 1.

Barrel - Uses the same barell as their R75k rifle which is superb.

Gun Test: Sauer 100 Classic XT

One of the best on the market. Bolt Action - Found it to be super smooth as my 85 and cannot be compared with other brands as stated above. Love the Single Stage Adj. Trigger 4. Looks- Although they use beechwood, it is beautifully stained and i have found it to be overall to be good looking. I would have preferred wallnut but it is fine and finished well.

Might be a deal breaker for some, but the finishing does look good.If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. Forum Rules. Search Forums. Advanced Search. User Tag List. Page 2 of 2 First 1 2 Jump to page: Results 16 to 21 of Add Thread to del. Share Share this post on Digg Del.

Register to remove these Ads! Be interesting to see the second gen. Early adopters often come across this. The tikka is tried and true. You know what you will get and that is a light, relatively basic, and very accurate hunting rifle. Good aftermarket now, and decent resale. The bergaras are another good option, bit heavy and only blued though which is a no go for me in a hunting rifle. Just buy the tikka. It will work. I went sauer, bolt stop seems ok tried to get it to malfunction, it didnt got a package with a ziess and a 20inch barrelsonic suppressor i had my last rifle rem for ten years and only ever pulled it out of the stock for curiosity's sake onceso i wont mess with that just felt better on the shoulder Thanks for the advise guys.

Originally Posted by muka Page 2 of 2 First 1 2 Jump to page:.Sauer is a well-known manufacturer that commands a lot of respect in the hunting world. Producing high-end pistols, rifles and shotgunsJ.

SinceSauer had built its reputation on thea rifle that was seen as a premium rifle in the UK market and around the world. And now Sauer has developed another rifle to fight back: the Sauera new entry-level rifle. So what were our first impressions of this bolt-action. The barrel and stock dimensions are all sensible; small-face calibre and medium- face calibres come as standard with a 22in barrel, while the magnum calibres come with a The Sauer has a length of pull of The stock is ambidextrous, with palm swells on both sides, and the height of the comb is designed for a scope rather than open sights.

The comb is cleverly designed, with a taper, and this helps to reduce recoil. We found no movement at all in the bedding on the stock and the action seats in firmly. The action is made of forged steel and the barrel construction is cold hammer-forged steel, all cnc made in the Sauer factory. These are some those true Sauer qualities that I was hoping for.

The bolt is a three-lug locking bolt and has twin ejection plungers which certainly help with a consistent throw to the ejecting brass. For a quick reload the bolt lifts on a degree angle, with smooth close tolerances on the machining, making this bolt very slick and positive. The safety on this rifle is more akin to those used by Sako and Tikkathough Sauer has used a three-position safety catch. This safety is more advanced than a Sako or Tikka, as it completely locks the sear, rather than just engaging a block to hold the trigger back.

The trigger unit on this rifle is externally and easily adjustable, with the lowest setting being 2. On the test we had the trigger set at 2. If I was going to tweak anything on this rifle, I would probably have had a trigger that adjusted from 1. The mounts are an area that I always thought Sauer should develop further and with this rifle they have certainly done that!

They certainly looked simple and well machined, and I was curious to see how they behaved on the range. However, there was no time to wait for a nicer day, as this is one of 12 prototypes, and the only one in the UK! I locked on the mounts, which had a Minox X5I 2. These are all standard bullet weights for a.

sauer 100 xt vs tikka t3

I started with the g Evolution. The next three shots were a bit higher and slightly to the right, but with two of them going through the same hole and the third only increasing that hole by 3mm, the results were very acceptable indeed — even a custom rifle maker would have been happy with that!

By the time we were testing the second and third ammunition types, the wind had got up even more, and was definitely having an effect despite trying to time shots to avoid the gusts. John, who was spotting, could barely keep the spotting scope steady enough to mark the shots!

The rifle shot really smoothly considering we did not have a sound moderator, with recoil that was hardly noticeable. For me, the three-position safety is a really big improvement over the There were no glitches with the magazine, or feeding, and it was easy to remove and load. The Sauer is most certainly worth looking at. Sauer mounts had been a bit of a bugbear of mine, and I felt that Sauer needed to something about it, which they have.

I found them easy to use and we took the scope off and put it back, with the rifle going back to zero. You can use a remington style mount on this rifle if you want, too. Distributor: www. Home Reviews Rifles.

Thoughts to “Sauer 100 xt vs tikka t3”

Leave a Comment